• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just flashed a X850PRO (PCI-X) but....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andreas1327

Well If you have read my previous thread here

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=438452

you'll know that I own a X850PRO (pci-x) and last night I flashed it to X850XTPE.Everything OK though I was a little scared because it was my first VGA flashing.But the problem is that I can't unlock 16 pipes.The card is being recognized as a X850XTPE but with 12 pipes.
I tried the XTPE bios after the original bios. Then tried an XT bios.Nothing.
At the end I tried flashing an empty bios and then again the XTPE bios.Still nothing.I used both ATIflash and flashrom.
My guide was this http://www.techpowerup.com/articles...ing/vidcard/100

Anyone with a solution??? :bang head

It was indicated to you in the original thread that your PCI-E x850 (PCI-E, not -X) card would probably not unlock because the PCI-Express cards are.. basically... all locked. While you can run it as a 12pipe xtpe, you won't be able to get 16 pipes out of that card. Sorry.

the earlier issues did unlock, but that dried up starting sometime in December, there are still a few manu's that will unlock to 16 pipes, but you may have to start out with a slightly lessor card,

i got a Sapphire GTO2, it unlocked nicely and i have it flashed to an xt bios (520/540), recognized as an 850 XT now................

i haven't paid a whole lot of attentions since i got mine, so my informations may be not entirely correct.............

baldy

Yes I can't unlock them but I believe the problem lies in the atiflash or the flashrom program.... Both include a command "preserve R43x rom" or something like that and I read
in the guide that this command is responsible for not unlocking the extra pipes.I was wondering if there's any other version of one of these programs that doesn't include this command...

Back