• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

486 hsf and voodoo3=BAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatshlink

One day i thought it might be a good idea to touch my stock on my voodoo3 to see how hot it was. It was pretty hot, so i thought it might be a good idea to put a better hsf on their. I found an old scrap computer, eather a 486 or p1, and riped the small hsf off it. I atached it whith some as thermal adhesive. After a few minutes, I decided to check it and it was REALY hot:mad: . and this wasent even with a load on the vid card. THIS REALY BLOWS. now I have to eather buy a blorb or new chrorg. oh yea if i did just buy a new vid hsf, i dont have any as2 handy, is one of the 2 things of as adhesive the same thing???

i just attached my 486 heatsink with super glue in the corners...holds tight and cools well with radio shack crap in between....

One possible reason it was more hot could be because you have better thermal conductivity between the chip itself and the heatsink. If this is true, then it is actually doing a good job. There is always that possibilty it is a low quality heatsink, though.

Well people suggest getting a new putting old one on their or what, i am gona try to get a blorb, or if any one knows where to get a cristal org. also i used as thermal adhesive, I know it is supposed to pe permanant, but does anyone know hoy to remove it???

Back