• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark and gforce 5200 (pci) doesn't like coolbits....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

broken_Naols

So I decided to try out coolbits again. So I run 3dMark. but when I increase the core clock, even by 1 Mhz I get the messege,

"reliable benchmarking cannot be compleated because the 3Dmark window lost focus." And the first time I run any 3D application at a new clock speed, the screen gets all distorted.

The last time I tried this, the same thing happened. so I just stopped. But now I know that if I unplug the monitor, and plug it back in. the picture corrects its self. it seems to run doom3 quake 4 and Dawn of War without a problem after that. but not 3dmark.

has anyone else had this problem??

If you would llike more details, please ask. :)

Every card is worth over clocking. You may be having trouble because the pci slot maybe on the border line with voltage. Don't know but just a guess?

twoeyes said:
sorry but i really dont think this card is even worth overclocking :(

I have to dissagree. I have the GPu up from 250 to 320Mhz. and noticed a major improvement in framerates in the doom3 timed demo. (avrage was 16. And went all the way up to 20FPS. Then the p.c. re-booted at 327Mhz. and then gave me 18FPS. at 320mhz. so I left it there. mem clock is at 400 mhz.

I have also moticed an imorovemend in Dawn Of War.

I have to re-boot the monitor after ajusting frequency. And cand run 3DMark. But everything else seems fine.

Well. I swapped the monitor, for a smaller one. and pretty much all the problems went away.

I just ran 3Dmark03 at 290/400 with no problems.

I miss the 1280x1024 resolution. :(

Back