• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Venus First look!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

windwithme

In Nov/Dec 2005, DFI launched ATI RDX200 and nF4 SLI EXPERT 2 great OC boards.
In 2006Chinese New Year, DFI is going to announce this 100% Aluminum Capacitors board.
As the pioneer of 100% Japanese capacitors, Venus, this new model, is the other great work!

Lets look some pics. Basically, the design is similar. The components is greater and enhanced OC ability.

Full outlook

v18kq.jpg

Left down corner

v25uw.jpg

Right down corner

v38ym.jpg

Right up corner

v49vz.jpg

IO and memory slots

v54pm.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the diffrence between this and the expert? I notice few changes, the major one is diffrent caps.

Can anyone say "Chipset block"? Currently the chipset fan in the loudest thing in my computer and as it seems this board could fit a wb on there...

I wouldnt be suprised if the reason they added the nice box was so they can have a reason to jack up the price for a board that is not much diffrent then the expert. Altho, I will prob own one by the end of the year.

rseven said:
Yes, the Gucci version will be out soon and our "windy" friend will be hawking that as well.
hahaha, thanks rseven i got a good chuckle out of that 1.

sure look identical to the expert to me.

-Scar-Face

Just got it, I am still trying. First impression is the OC ability is better.
Ultra-d brought the TCCD limitation. EXPERT unleash the BH5/UTT.
What Venus Brings? Let’s wait for it.

DFI strongest items: BIOS part
CPU and DRAM voltage parts are the same as EXPERT.

B1.JPG

B2.JPG

DARM configuration part: The most items in all brands. This is why DFI’s OC is always the best.

Recommend TCCD using LEVEL3+4 UCCC using LEVEL1+1

B3.JPG

B4.JPG

Test configuration
AMD 939 Opteron 144
DFI LANParty UT nF4 SLI-DR Venus
GSkill 1GBFF/2GBHZ
ELSA 6600GT
MAXTOR 30GB 5400rpm
Enlight 420W

EXPERT has weak compatibility with TCCD. Cannot reach DDR550~600 with some memories.
In Venus, DFI re-layout it. And reappear the own glory of DDR600 1T!

6003.jpg

2GB is the mainstream. Usnig 2GBHZ DDR500 3 4-4-8 to combined test.

V11.JPG

2GB DDR600 1T 3 4-4-8 PI 32M Reached!
* OC is not in manufacturers guarantee. No matter CPU(200Mhz) / MB(200Mhz) / DRAM(DDR500). *

6001.jpg

Venus really solves some previous issues. Bringing the OC surprise again.

Fine gift box and 1000 limited output globally. Maybe will be hard to buy it...

Advantage
1. 100% Aluminum Capacitors
2.PCI-E wider slots, better for SLI cards heat
3.Fine Box
4.DFI traditional BIOS high voltage
5.6 USB in real panel
6.Improve EXPERT weakness in TCCD and enhance UCCC

Weakness
1.High price
2.Not dual PCI-E 16X(3D performance are similar at the moment with dual PCI-E 8X)
3.RAID with SATAI 3114(nF4 built in SATAII RAID)

OSKAR hits home run again. DFI Venus break the many motherboard records.
Lets look forward to it.

The expert is cool because it lets you run in Sli with aftermarket aircooling on both cards.

Ok, so my question is did they fix the temp bug so it reports the correct temps now? I know alot of people with the Expert board and none of them report even close to accuate temps.

nice looking board. Not sure how my Big Typhoon would sit though, it may be too close to the side of the case where my drives are to fit properly.

Back