• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another PSU question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chops

Registered
Hello, I'm new here, but not new to computer building, modding, etc, etc...

Anyway, I just upgraded my server last weekend from an ESC N2U400-A mobo and AMD AthlonXP 2500+ to the ECS NForce3-A and Sempron Paris 3100+. Everything is working perfectly.

However I am planning to upgrade my new processor to the Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle. Also, I'll be replacing my HD's one at a time with SATA drives, but keep the ATA drives installed for extra storage. Somewhere around this time I'll also be upgrading to WinXP 64.

So my question is, which PSU would you recommend and where is the best place to buy it? Just an FYI, I usually buy most of my equipment at Newegg.

My requirements are as follows:

A) $120 or less
B) 500-600+ watts
C) SLI capable
D) One 120-140mm fan (LED prefered is possible)
E) Modular cabling support

Thanks in advance for your advice! :welcome:

Except for the need for modularity, I'd go with an OCZ Powerstream 520, or look at offerings from Fortron/Source.

Iam pretty happy with the two Antec NeoHE 550's I have . Ones on an Abit AN8-SLi and the other a ASRock DUEL , both running Opteron 165's .

VERY quite (dead quite) , stable , runs cool , SLi certified , modular , 3yr warranty .

Look around as you can get one for about $105 or less . I paid $95 for mine with a 10% off at Buy.com

My.02

BTW .... :welcome: to the forums :D

Last edited:
Hiper 520 watt fits the bill, i wouldnt use it, as i prefer OCZ powersteam...

ok i take that back, the Hiper looks pretty good

I did some research throughout the day thanks to you guys and I chose to go with the ENERMAX Liberty ELT500AWT. It should be here in a few days. :santa:

The price is right, it has excellent reviews, and I have been a long time user of Enermax PSU's over the years and know that they are good.

The cheap Riadmax I have right now was just a temp patch while I made a few changes over the last couple of months.

Thanks again everyone! Now I'm off to start looking at either processors or SATA 150 HDs. It's a shame all the drives with 16mb cache are all huge. I only need 80-100GB for my main drive. :cool:

BTW, I'm really enjoying my time here on the site! :p

Back