• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard search

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madmike2

I bought this 2600 sempron 64 and ASROCK cheapy Mobo for my server instead of going crazy with dual Opti's and spent all my money on Raptors and quality ram instead. I built it all up turned on the power..... This CPU is not recognized by the BIOS. Contact your hardware vendor! ...System halted !

So i have been drifting around the forums and i see that apparently there was SEmprons 32 bit and 64 bit.. i know mine is 64 but obviously the MOBO does not see it as that.

My question is which of the budget MOBOS with onboard Video will see that Sempron 2600 + BX series. So far i cannot find any that say sempron 64 they all say Athlon 64/ Sempron which is what this ASRock 760g upgrade mATX says.

Please help, i am getting venemous looks from the wife since i drove her nuts for 8 days about this. :bang head

Back