• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam for HL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

Is there anyway to play half life counter strike without going online i just installed it and im at the steam sign up and from what I gathered to play you HAVE to be online

When you don't have an active internet connection steam will pop up and ask what to do, select 'goto offline mode' and you can play offline.

They are right but who honestly wants to play cs offline even if you have bots. Thats kind of a drag when you could be playing agianst people. But if you dont have high speed i guess thats about as good as it will get. I mean your specs arent that bad so you should try playing hl2 instead it has realy good single player.

Yeah, I think the offline is really ment only for those that hav a slow connection... But then why would you buy cs in the first place?

Erebos668 said:
They are right but who honestly wants to play cs offline even if you have bots. Thats kind of a drag when you could be playing agianst people. But if you dont have high speed i guess thats about as good as it will get. I mean your specs arent that bad so you should try playing hl2 instead it has realy good single player.

Condition Zero actually kept me pretty occupied with the bots on expert...

but damn when i stopped playing for over 7 months and started, i thought i'd try easy to start with.... got owned the first 5 rounds

I mean your specs arent that bad so you should try playing hl2 instead it has realy good single player.

Im not using the rig in ma sig its a temporary pc specs are as follows-

mobo- Intel
CPU- 1GHZ PIII
Video Card- Onboard
Ram- 256 sdram

so as you can see i have no chance at running HL2

i havent played in like 6months.. i hope theyve gotten rid of the crap "you need to connect to the steam server to go offline" thing.. that was EXTREMELY annoying when at a LAN and you had no net.. i mean i want to go offline for a reason, i dont want to connect to server to let me go offline lol.. oops im ranting.

Careface*

Back