• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI's x300se overclockage + question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mystfied

Woo first post :) These forums are leet. harhar
---

So I've had the MSI Radeon X300SE HyperMemory 256MB (128MB GDDR2 onboard) - RX300HM-TD128ELF for about a week now. Of course, the urge to overclock came... I didn't expect much from this less than 50-dollar video card that is meant to last me for a few months til I save up some money for a real card.

To complement this fan-less, MSI-heatsink thingy, it, I got a PCI slot blower from CompUSA, rated at 26dBa but sounds like 30dBa. Mad Dog MultiMedia sucks arse.

Stock: Core 325 mHz, Memory 296mHz; 3DMark2005 1469
Max (ATITool): Core 427mHz, Memory 341mHz

I chose: 400/330. 3DMark2005 1592

The question I have now is: Will this card survive for one month, maybe two or three? That's when I intend to go upgrade.

Any other tips? I'm a noob to overclocking. Thanks~

Sure, as long as it isn't artifacting it will be fine, it's extra voltage that has a greater effect on the life of a card.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :)

I had a x300se and they are realy good overclockers leave voltage alone and all will be well ...i had mine oced for couple of months....

i upgraded but still have old faithful just in case !!!

Back