• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some old t-bird guru help :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

yeah so i recently recieved a few rigs, two TBirds and a K6-2. I was pretty surprised at how decent this rigs were, considering my friend just gave them to me. Anyway, i have no clue if these chips are good, if they'll overclock well, etc., so I need some guru help here haha

Okay the first tbird (already running) is 1ghz, 100fsb that's all i can remember atm (don't feel like prying off the damn socket a heatsink)

second tbird: 950mhz 100fsb

writings on the second tbird's core:

AMD Athlon
A0950AMT3B
ADFA 0029MPMW

MPMW is stepping, correct?

A means Athlon
0950 = 950Mhz
0029 = Week 29, 2000??

forgot the rest haha

the first tbird was also about the same, i can get numbers off that later.

the motherboards i got are:

MSI K7T Pro2 ver1
and an ASUS HP OEM board, A7V-VM

i currently got the tbird 1ghz running on the K7T

Both of those do not officially support 133FSB, and with unlocked AGP/PCI, your luck may vary.

However, those CPU's multipliers should be easily unlocked with the L1 bridge connection mod. I don't think the HP board will allow for multiplier adjustment but I believe the MSI K7T did.

Know Nuttin said:
Both of those do not officially support 133FSB, and with unlocked AGP/PCI, your luck may vary.

However, those CPU's multipliers should be easily unlocked with the L1 bridge connection mod. I don't think the HP board will allow for multiplier adjustment but I believe the MSI K7T did.

Yeah, the one i got running the K7T allows me to up the multiplier... to 14 i think? not positive

memory is failing me, it's been a long time since I've tinkered with that board. I can't recall the multiplier settings for it.

Those TBirds ran really hot though. Hope you have some good cooling for them.

I have a 1.4 T-bird humming along as my Linux server. My cousin has a 1GHz T-bird running at 1.33GHz (133MHz FSB).

Know Nuttin said:
memory is failing me, it's been a long time since I've tinkered with that board. I can't recall the multiplier settings for it.

Those TBirds ran really hot though. Hope you have some good cooling for them.

Yeah i thought i just installed the heatsink crappily (which i don't doubt... socket A sinks are a ***** to get used to installing. I miss bolt-on). 40°C bios is a tad hot :eek:

Yea that is one thing you need to remember about the T-bird cpus, they are freaking clay ovens. They were pretty decent overlclockers though, once you slapped a copper heatsink with a 6000rpm fan on there.

funnyperson1 said:
Yea that is one thing you need to remember about the T-bird cpus, they are freaking clay ovens. They were pretty decent overlclockers though, once you slapped a copper heatsink with a 6000rpm fan on there.
Yep, I second that! I cut my OCing teeth on the K6 and the first socket-A durons and athlons. I still have my old duron 650 that hit 1GHz :D. You bolt-on guys are spoiled :p

The original cores were cracking right and left, ah those were the days...NOT! lol...

Know Nuttin said:
On the 100tbird. If it is a "c" type it does. Remember they had a "b"which was 100 and a "c" which was 133.

OnDborder said:
On the 100tbird. If it is a "c" type it does. Remember they had a "b"which was 100 and a "c" which was 133.

True but I was speaking more in relation to the motherboards, not the CPU's. The KT133 chipset did not do 133FSB officially so 133FSB operation meant 89mhz AGP and 44mhz PCI

#2 Tbird has aluminum interconnects which really limits the OCability, this chip won't go much past 1GHz.

#1 might have a chance of being an AXIA or AYHJA stepping. These usually hit 1.3-1.5GHz with ease. the AYHJA's are a new core revision AMD released for their 1.4GHz chips i have setup one of these 1GHz chips in an NF7-M running at 133x10.5 = 1.4GHz stock voltage.
Run GCPUID, if it says that its CPUID is 644 (A9 revision) you're lucky, if its 642, you'll have to take off the heatsink to find out exactly what you got there.
AXIA, AVIA were pretty sweet overclocking steppings.

Back