• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im getting no oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxio098ui

well i used to overclock my main rig to around 2300 totallystable but now after i put in another stick i ait getting any mhz at all even with a divider only once and that was with xp x64 i got a totally stable 2650 so i thoght alright so i try it any time now and i just cant pump out rhe mhz what am i doin wrong?

i am using the guide above this post

i gathering you have added a second stick of RAM, well could u give us some more details like wat RAM pls

It should be able to run a divider. Is it a high enough frequancy for your application? Also dividers are known to degrade system performance. You should try and run your ram at bus frequancy if at all possible.

The difference in running a divider is pretty much only noticable in benchmarks. Day to day use makes no real difference.

What voltage is your cpu at? Ram?

Have you verified that your ram is stable at 256mhz via memtest?

Also, have you updated your bios?

Tmod's bios cd is a must have for your DFI board.

Also, what divider are you using?

Is this on your DFI board? Cuz if it is value ram on a DFI?!?!!? No wonder she's mad at you

evancold said:
Is this on your DFI board? Cuz if it is value ram on a DFI?!?!!? No wonder she's mad at you

LOL, it sounds like it's a RAM problem, maybe not choosing the right divider to keep the RAM closer to its native speed of 200Mhz.

OP, Also what timings are you running your RAM at?

Back