• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800Gto2 DOA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkVirusVx

I just got my gto2. UPS left it on my front steps and there was a nice shoe print on the box.

I open the box and everything seemed fine.

After installing the card I get on my mobo Asrock SATA II. I set the vga to pci-e and reboot. Computer just beeps. Clear bio ext

Boot into windows and

Code:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I check the Secondary (on the gto2) and it say.

Code:
This device is working properly.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

Am I doing something wrong or should I rma it?

Did you plug the power wire to the card. It sounds like you did not plug that in. The X800GTO2 require additional power like the X850XT PE.

<<Spider>> said:
Did you plug the power wire to the card. It sounds like you did not plug that in. The X800GTO2 require additional power like the X850XT PE.

Ok I see where that is. The problem is theres no adapter with the card. Does anyone know if they can be picked up at a radio shack or something, maybe even rigged up

I don't know of any adapter. If your PSU does not have this, it may be time for you to upgrade your PSU. What PSU do you have?

i think its antec trueblue 420w.

i found a ASPIRE 4 Pin PSU to PCI-E Power Supply Converter cable - Retail on the egg don't think i'll find it anywhere local.

thanks for your help I was ready tp rma it lol

Back