• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE7 Beta 2 Preview available for download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx
Evaluation of Internet Explorer 7 should start now, but the software should not be used on production systems in mission-critical environments. Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview will only run on Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) systems, but will ultimately be available for Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Server 2003.

just DL'd it and installed it
looking good :)
reminds me of opera (m$ bought it didnt they?)

Since it's a BETA form what about security issues they'll be loads of holes in it I presume. It's looks alot better than IE6 since the day's of IE4 & 5 the interface has never changed still the same boring buttons on top.

But I'm glad they have finnaly changed it's look hopefully (with a lot of HOPE) it'll use a little bit less memory. But I very much doubt it??

Yes probably unless you can use it till the official version comes out and then just install over the BETA 2 version. But if you want to use IE6 again you'll to format cause you can't un-install IE7 but you might with it being BETA.

I like it so far. Doesn't seem to work with flash though. All of my practice .Net code seems to work fine.

flash sites aren't working for you?? i just tested a bunch and had no problems.

d94 said that it reminds him of opera, i totally agree. it's basically opera just with a IE skin. the new security stuff is really nice, i'm sure there are holes, but there is a new phishing filter and mixed content filter that has worked very well so far for me. multiple home page tabs are good, we've had that for a while though with other programs. i would really like a autofill though!! so i'm still using google toolbar for that. another gripe is that you have to click on a tab to close it, there is no 'X' button on it until it is active. oh, and you can setup MS quick search area to use google as default which is nice. here are two screen shots. second shot is pretty cool. it's the 'what the hell do i have open in all these tabs' look.

x3aftd.jpg

x3ajjc.jpg

UnseenMenace said:
how does it do on the acid2 test ?

acid2.jpg

that's just God-awful lol.

Yeah, Opera kicks some serious anus on that test.

I really do like IE7b2 though, I like the new design, the Favorites Center is actually kinda useful, its a lot better than the previous beta and is alot more stable on my computer. Still needs work, but I'm patiently awaiting the final release.

FF is still my default right now though :).

its a shame though that a new browser is that poor at the acid2 test, i was hoping it would be as impressive as safari or opera on it... I hope that its compatibility to standards improves before its released.
Also how is the transparent PNG support on the browser as this was an area which required much improvement

Back