• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800gt to gtx??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BubbaTheHut

Registered
I was play with riva tuner today and i started clicking stuff. One of the things i clicked on came up with a warning that said "may make your card die then light on fire and kill stuff", so what did i do? Clicked it. Looking further i realized what this allowd me to do. Riva tuner currently says that my card has 24pipelines and 7 vertex shaders. When i enabled the 8th one all i got was artifacts. Is this possible? Is there anyway to check to see if it really has all 24 pipelines??

well i've been doing some reserch and i apparently activaded pipelines the same way you would anyother card. I also read that you cant unlock them. But if you cant then why did i get artifacts in 3dmark until i disabled the extra vertex shader?

After Comparing bench marks i have concluded that i did not unlock pipelines. i ran 3d mark05 and pulled 8139 and after "unlocking" the pipelines was 8178. They are almost identical.

awww too bad..
loll i was worked up

i was thinking.. wow

2 78gts -> GTX SLI?

oo thatd be awsome bang for buck loll

Back