• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone played with a Geode yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monk3y_furr

Registered
Has anyone tried overclocking one of these yet? Could be quite amusing with some volt mods. Found a motherboard with a geode 1.4 for £45 ....its a pc chips mobo but ive pin modded various boards of theirs in the past with good success. Arent Geodes just ULV thoroughbred B's anyway?

As far as I know they are ULV T-breds but i can't be sure. Aparently they are good for certain applications though. Just don't think OCing will do much, especialyl since its...well.. counter-productive.

monk3y_furr said:
Has anyone tried overclocking one of these yet? Could be quite amusing with some volt mods. Found a motherboard with a geode 1.4 for £45 ....its a pc chips mobo but ive pin modded various boards of theirs in the past with good success. Arent Geodes just ULV thoroughbred B's anyway?
They are ULV TBreds basically.

Zulu-1 said:
from what google tells me, a really low power AMD proc.. im sure someone else can explain it better than me..:p

To further that, they are low votlage, low power, low heat cpus, designed for implimentations that require processing power, but without the heat, etc. Geodes don't really need a heatsink, and are much like Via's line of CPUs, the C3s, C7s, etc.

good news for laptops. Now if they could make somthing like a fx-60 that uses the same power and gives off the same heat then it will be a good day for laptop's

so how is this gonna be. say it runs at 1.5ghz for example at 28c but has a max temp of 55c. Are we goning to be able to oc the liveing hell outta this cpu? or is the thermal range of it lowered due to its low operateing temp?

so how much longer till we see these in higher end laptops? Im sick of mylting my balls when i use my vaio.

I don't know about OC results, but Geodes aren't known for their ocing. They have been out ofr a while btw...

And i doubt they will be used for laptops anytime soon, as it is not the purpose of the geodes, so you will have to... 'melt your balls' a little longer, I am afraid.

I belive geodes were used in that little computer AMD released a while ago, and they performed something like the equivalent of duron 700s. This was what, like a year ago? I can't remember what they were called.

Back