• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Post, Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drop-Top

As much as I hate to post this, my comp will not post. I went through the entire sticky above, and came up with nothing. I have swapped out PSU's, RAM, GPU and haven't gotten any where. I only have RAM CPU and MB running and I can't seem to get anywhere. This is my rig.

P4 2.8GHz 920
Asus P5WD2 Premium
2x 1GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-4200 Gold Dual Channel
Forton AX500-A 500W
ATI X1800XL (OEM)
THERMALRIGHT SI-120
ANTEC P180 CASE

I went through entire MOBO book and also came up with nothing. I have been staring at this machine for 2 days now and I have no answers. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

Does it get into the bios? Safe mode?
Is it in the box? Or do you have it out of the case? If not, try it. Could be shorting out on something.

The exact symptoms are that it won't post. I have it in the case, all the fans turn on, and I get no reaction from the monitor. I have not tried it out of the case yet. Maybe that is my next move.

i have the exact same issue, also im running a 930 i actualyl got mine to post, but after the first reboot it doesnt post anymore, swap out EVERYTHING other than the board and CPU and still wont post, so i sent it back....if u find out anyhting post it, im curious, it seems that alot of people have been having problems with no posting on p5wd2-ps lately..

From your first post, you don't mention having the GPU installed on last attempt. Also, I'm not sure with your mobo, but some require a keyboard hooked up to boot.

Hmmm...I have exactly the same problem on my other computer, So I'm extremely intersted. It could be your PSU Malfunctioning, so see if you can borrorw another one to test this, thats what I'm gonna do.

Try assembling your computer outside of the case on an anti-static bag or a cardboard box to make sure grounding isn't an issue. Also, make sure that you have the 4 pin plug inserting on your motherboard.

Ok, here is the update. I have tried with a keyboard, no help. I have tried assembling outside of the case for grounding issues, no help. Lastly, I did have a GPU installed correctly as well. The only thought I am getting now, is that I need to update the bios on this model to allow a presler to boot in this machine. Other than that, I have got nothing.

I've had three Asus boards do this same exact thing to me last year. All diffrent boards as well. A 939, Socket T and a Socket A. The two AMD boards less then a year one being only a couple months the Socket T was about a year/half old.
There is no post no beeps no nothing. The fans turn on the board has power but no post what so ever.
I've sent all 3 boards back to Asus and all three where repaired under warranty. They wouldn't say what was wrong just a minor problem that was corrected.
Afraid you might have to send it back. They are not very fast about it either. Needless to say I've built two new AMD rigs with the two extra boards. I couldn't wait for them to get back to me so I had to order a new replacement.
Asus has a 3 year warranty on all boards I believe. You also don't need the receipt either.

bchur83 said:
Do you have the case speaker connected? Is it making any beeps?
Unfortunatly, my case does not have a speaker (I know, I know). but if it was hardware related, all the swapping I have done should have picked it up by now.

Oh yeah and I went thru all the hardware swaps with no help. I also even tried posting the board with missing hardware or with no hardware and never got a single beep. The 939 board was the only one that gave me any warning. Every once in a while it wouldn't post. I would mess around with hardware let it sit then all of a sudden it would work again. Did that for about five months or so. Then one day I did a restart it never came back. :bang head

Back