• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

speakers crackling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hanzalo

I have the Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers and a Creative SB Audigy LS sound card. Everything sounds good except for when I use Fl Studio and have a lot of voices going at once the speakers will crackle.I'm not using very much CPU or anything, so why do the speakers crackle?

I once had an audigy soundcard. I no longer have it. I feel I made the right choice.

Bloated software and buggy drivers.
heh, buggy drivers.
But seriously, you can get much better performance out of a different card. Try m-audio. Try the others. Its not your speakers.

are there any other drivers available besides the Creative ones?

The openAL beta drivers available via Creative's support website, the Kx drivers, the improved Audigy 1/2/4 drivers and my personal fave the improved YpoAUX Audigy4 drivers and software (available via Driverheaven iirc). Just take your pick, really. The standard Audigy isn't that great, but it can be greatly improved with proper drivers.

grumperfish I googled YpoAUX Audigy4 and went to driverheaven.net but I can't find that driver anywhere! I think I'll just go with a different one

Back