• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1900XT Results (Yet another one)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
The UPS man dropped off my ATI X1900XT about 10 minutes ago and already I have 3dmark05 scores. :) 10,698 3dmarks

This is on a completely stock system and stock clocks. The 4800+ is not overclocked, the ram is not overclocked, the video core/mem is at stock speeds:

3dmark05stock.JPG

I must say I am definitely impressed coming from my 7800GTX, which when overclocked to 501/1420 could barely reach 8870.

Dom

Rattle said:
:cool:

badass aint it !

welcome aboard

Thanks Rattle.
I seemed to have learned right away that the stock CCC Overdrive tool does not overclock well at all. I tried to OC to XTX speeds and it wouldnt even engage 3dmark05.

Dom

dominick32 said:
Thanks Rattle.
I seemed to have learned right away that the stock CCC Overdrive tool does not overclock well at all. I tried to OC to XTX speeds and it wouldnt even engage 3dmark05.

Dom

wow did you let it run or did you just move the sliders ?

try it both ways...

Rattle said:
wow did you let it run or did you just move the sliders ?

try it both ways...

I am going to let it run now to try and find optimal core/mem.
Before I tried simply setting it to 650/775(1550) and it artifacted the entire windows xp desktop during engagement of 3dmark05. WTF?

Dom

dominick32 said:
I am going to let it run now to try and find optimal core/mem.
Before I tried simply setting it to 650/775(1550) and it artifacted the entire windows xp desktop during engagement of 3dmark05. WTF?

Dom

its probably overheating dude, these cards are hot, get atitool or overclocker and set that ***** to 50% just for desktop and 100% for games..

Rattle said:
its probably overheating dude, these cards are hot, get atitool or overclocker and set that ***** to 50% just for desktop and 100% for games..

It found a max core of 689 and a max mem of 800 with the automatic overdrive. I am going to restart the computer with these settings and try and run 3dmark05. Ill be back.

Dom

Same thing. Red artifacts and a crashing windows xp desktop. I will try upping the Fan speed to 100% and see what happens.

I think I may have got one of those 1.2 cards Rattle. :bang head

dominick32 said:
Same thing. Red artifacts and a crashing windows xp desktop. I will try upping the Fan speed to 100% and see what happens.

I think I may have got one of those 1.2 cards Rattle. :bang head

the 1,2 cards have hit 900's hehe so I doubt thats it, if your not monitoring your temps and turning the fan at least to 75% your asking for trouble man...

Rattle said:
the 1,2 cards have hit 900's hehe so I doubt thats it, if your not monitoring your temps and turning the fan at least to 75% your asking for trouble man...

I have now had the card again at 650/775 @ 100% fan speed. It still artifacts. What is going on here? Temps are around 64*C load.

dominick32 said:
I have now had the card again at 650/775 @ 100% fan speed. It still artifacts. What is going on here? Temps are around 64*C load.

well I guess your card may not possess high overclockability :shrug:

sorry bro I dunno what to say looks like mine isnt good for too much more although I could run 690/800 no problem...

Rattle said:
well I guess your card may not possess high overclockability :shrug:

sorry bro I dunno what to say looks like mine isnt good for too much more although I could run 690/800 no problem...
Dude,
Could it be possible that the drivers are holding me back?
I am using the driver disc that came with the card.
I am pretty upset right now.

Dom

I doubt seriously that it is a driver issue.
But there is one thing you need to remember:
dominick32 said:
I must say I am definitely impressed coming from my 7800GTX, which when overclocked to 501/1420 could barely reach 8870.
Dom

yes dont get upset man, for roughly $30 more than a 7800gtx that you had to overclock to even touch 9000 your stomping it with a stock card with badass IQ

Thanks for the moral support guys. I am not upset, just agravated that I am not clocking as high as some of the other guys like Rattle, Jod, etc.

All in all I am extremely happy with the performance over my old 7800gtx.

I have been thinking about this for about an hour now. Most of the guys on here are using a Sapphire card. Including yourself right Rattle?

I am using an ATI brand card. Maybe ATI didnt want to ridicule themselves when allowing a customer to purchase an XT and clock up to an XTX. Maybe ATI cards dis-allow clocking at XTX speeds. <--- Just something to throw out there.

Dom

I dunno seems odd, the hardware on the cards is the same, why would a company put some kind of "governor" on a card just so we cant OC it lmao

No, your card is just like mine...kinda. My core will do 700 fairly easily (1.40V), but my mem is impossible to get over 775 without artifacting whether voltage is increased or decreased. The current drivers definitely suck, but I don't think it has anything to do with the OC. I think the XTs have some kind of hard lock (could be software?) to keep them from going where the XTXs can. We just need to figure out where/what it is and get rid of it if we can :) I think the people getting 800-815 mem on their XTs just have cooler temps.

Check my post here...

Back