• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHH opty 165 wont even pass super pi 1m at stock settings!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liftedcj7on44s

ok what the %^#$. it wont pass super pi at 1m. 1 core always fails as soon as i start the test. says not convergent in sqr5 or something like that. Could it be the way i setup super pi. on my desktop i just copied and pasted the super pi shortcut. and open 2 instances and set the affinity for core 0 and 1. but 1 core fails instantly, this is at stock settings. wtf is going on? i have tried upping the volts. changing the htt to 3x setting ram to the slowest divider and loosened up the timings, put the cpu multi on 8x but it will still fail.... WTF???????

Think you will be good in just running one instance of Super PI since it's just checking the ram... You want to run to instances of Prime to check the stabliity of the CPU's.

Also what week did you get.. Mine was 0546..

super pi is great for testing memory stability, it sounds like you have some bad ram. Try running memtest.

*on edit* make sure you are running your ram at their reccomended timings/speed because running it too slow with too much voltage can also cause errors in pi.

this is the same ram that i ran with my a64 3200 overclocked to 2700 mhz with the ram at ddr450 stock timings of 2.5,3,2,5 at 2.7volts. The ram is in my sig, there should be no reason the ram should be bad. Anyway i just ran 3dmark05 and it passed with no issues. what do i do?

maybe the ram is used to be running at ddr450 and now that its trying to run at 400 it is freaking out? Sounds weird but i've seen it before. Try narrowing it down though, run with one stick in and see if it fails. Try playing with the timings and maybe even oc the 165 a little (230mhz or so) and see what it does then.

i have tried overclocking it to 270x8 with the ram setup the same way it was with the a643200 and the ram running at the same speed. I just went up to 270x8 and i am going to see if it will pass 3dmark05 and prime95

ok i just passed 3dmark05 with the 165 set to 270x9(2430mhz) with ram running 221mhz. i am going to drop the ram down to 266 in bios and try 280x9 and see what happens. if it passes 3dmark05 then i am going to test prime then. i think super pi is just messed up. what i notice is that if i open up just 1 instance of prime and go to task manager and set the affinity both cores are already checked. so i think that i should just run 1 instance of super pi

When I first went dual-core I had trouble for a while until I got used to it.

To run SuperPi on dual cores, do the following:

1) Create TWO folders containing SuperPi.
2) Open one instance from each folder.
3) Open Task Manager, right click one superpi.exe, and set Affinity to CPU 0. Set the other to CPU 1.

That should solve your problem. If you don't use two separate folders, the data is overwritten from each instance and this creates problems.

ok i really dont understand how to create 2 folders, i mean do i make a shortcut and put it in a different folder? prime95 isnt working right either??? i dont really understand it....

oh i see what you did. When you make the directory with all of the prime and superpi files in it, copy the entire thing into a new location (I have one prime folder called "Prime" that contains all of the files, and another that is called "Prime 2" with a copy of all of those files).

ok i have another issue. i got prime 2 run 2 instances. my ram jumps up to 99 percent but the cpu usage never goes above 8 percent on either core and it just stays there on the first test. after about 5 minutes i stopped both cores and it said torture test ran for 5 minutes 0 errors 0 warnings but it didnt use any cpu usage and it stayed on the first test.... WTF am i doing wrong??????????

you need to set the affinity (under advanced) to 0 and 1 for the two different instances of prime. If that doesn't get it up to 100% you may have to install the dual core hotfix.

I think you need to change the amount of ram being allocated to Prime, change it to 350 or so, so that when you are priming it wont use all your memory and it splits it.

ok it says the dual core hotfix only works with cool n quiet. what do i do? i dont use cool n quiet. but i cant find the hotfix anywhere? it says if you dont use cool n quiet then you dont need the hotfix

ok i went to amd's site but i am not sure as to which driver i need to download. i downloaded 1 from a site and now 1 core gets maxed out but the other core doesnt.

Back