• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Graphic distortion in Windows.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Powered

I just installed this new 1800XT and in windows, the screen would randomly flicker - this never happened with my 7800 GTX.

Whats the causes of this?

M Powered said:
I just installed this new 1800XT and in windows, the screen would randomly flicker - this never happened with my 7800 GTX.

Whats the causes of this?

It does it occasionally? Mine does the same thing, I've got the X1900.

I betcha it's not as random as you say, does it happen when you first boot into Windows, and before you start up a game?

If that's a yes, try out the Omega drivers (they fixed it for me, on several installs), they are not 3DMark certified though, so you can't use them for "official" benchmarking in case you do that.

jcw122 said:
I betcha it's not as random as you say, does it happen when you first boot into Windows, and before you start up a game?

If that's a yes, try out the Omega drivers (they fixed it for me, on several installs), they are not 3DMark certified though, so you can't use them for "official" benchmarking in case you do that.

No, its pretty random.

Happens when I start Windows and sometimes I'll idle the PC and it will flicker a little bit.

Always happens on startup with X1800/X1900, never seen it happen any other time in Windows. Going into 3D usually does it too.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Always happens on startup with X1800/X1900, never seen it happen any other time in Windows. Going into 3D usually does it too.

Yeah I'm telling you guys, it's inherent to the Catalyst Drivers, test it with Omega drivers and it should go away.

Back