• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sneaknetting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dz_jad

how is it done. I know the basics, steal from one computer and put it on another to run faster and get more ppd...you just steal it from the F @ H folder? and just replace the other one?
Do you have to ship it back to the original cpu to finish? or was that just with the QMD's?

dz_jad said:
how is it done. I know the basics, steal from one computer and put it on another to run faster and get more ppd...you just steal it from the F @ H folder? and just replace the other one?
Do you have to ship it back to the original cpu to finish? or was that just with the QMD's?

I "cut" the unitinfo.txt / queue.dat / and the "work" folder.

Then remove the same files/folder on the
machine of where I am placing the transfered info to

then paste the info I "cut" into the FAH folder of the new machine.

I keep the removed info from the 2nd machine & use it on a different machine
if it is not done yet. If it has completed & has nothing to do, I delete or just plain overwrite those files.

Shoot me a PM if this isn't clear. (i hope it is) :)

:attn:

No you don't.

I don't even think you have to with QMDs either.

as long as it gets finished & sent back in on time.

Just to make it easy for me, I usually just zip up all the files including the folder, move to my flash drive. Then I can move the entire thing to the new machine. After unzipping, I delete the old completed folder/wu. I then rename the new folder, if appropriate, to the folder of that machine, and run. Havent lost anything that way.

Actually I did lose one or two once, but I think it was something dumb I did anyhow...

is the file usually big? is that why you zip it?
I'm gonna try and run out and get a 512 Flash drive today. Fry's has a good sale.

Staples has a 512 for 24.xx after online rebate.

a PNY 512.

the WHOLE FILE is around 36MB (last one I did)

I just ordered an Emprex 512MB drive off of outpost.com, Fry's place. They didnt have the same sale at the physical store, so I dont have it....but it should be here in a couple days.
It was only $20...so yeah

Actually, you only need the WORK directory and the queue.dat

I used to think you neded the unitinfo.txt file but someone here told me no ... it turns out it is written out by the console so you can safely ignore it.

As to the size of the files ... if it is a fresh download it is all very small. I had a QMD in progress that turned out to be a 54 mb work directory ... another qmd on the same rig zipped to 314 kb. I guess the size depends on their state when you copy them.

Back