• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Real FREE MONEY, kind of. Read on...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I was looking around the net and I noticed where to get an Athalon 750 for $79.00 which equals just under $50 US funds. Now, I know there are some slightly better deals online BUT, those deals have shipping and insurance charges, long, troubling waits, credit card surcharges and they preclude you going there and checking the core stepping on the chip to see if it's a good one. This place is in T.O. so anyone who's in the G.T.A. and would actually want one let me know, I'll send you the www address. I haven't bought from the store in question but I've looked in there once or twice and it didn't seem like a bad place. I'd go for it, or at least check the stepping codes but I'm a bit outside T.O. and the financial timing isn't right just now. If anyone wants to know I looked into 750 stepping codes, with one exception they all have an average ceiling of 1075mhz or more.

Just sharing the wealth (savings), let me know people.

Really? All I know is that scouring the T.O. stores by web site has turned up few Athalons below 900mhz and most of those were a good deal pricier than the 750 I'm referring to, for a Toronto resident who needs a socket A cheap, it can't be beat locally. So I'm putting the word out.

Back