• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to A64 OC-stuck at 260 FSB on RDX200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ivory

Registered
I have an RDX-200 cf board, Opteron 165, 2gig matched Corsair xms 3200 memory.

I have lowered the LDT to x3, the memory to 140 (for some reason it won't boot at 100). I have not modified any voltages.

Raising FSB to 260 works great, but 270 won't boot.

The ram will work up to about 230, so 270 at 140 is within spec (189).
HyperTransport is 810.

Can anyone suggest what on the MB is preventing me from hitting 270? Should I start messing with NB voltage? The NB (even at stock speed) is the only part that has been running hot (according to the guardian pgm).

Also, I have been experimenting with running the clock at 245 so I can run the memory at 200 and cl2. What memtest program would be best for me to compare the results of running the memory at 200 with better timings than say at 217 with cl3?

Am I sure it's not the CPU? I lowered the CPU mulitpier well below spec, so I think its not the CPU.

Yes the pll high speed is enabled.

What is PLL High Speed? I just bought a RDX200 and I'm installing Windows on is right now. I also got a O165 along with 2x1GB Ballistix and a X1900XTX, so i'm looking forward to some hard OC when windows is all set in.

I still have not figured out what I need to hit 270, but I have raised the LDT from 3x (780) to 4x(1040). This worked real well for about a day, but I had some odd lockups at odd times, so I raised the voltage 1/10. If anyone has any ideas to help me, I'm still stuck.

To recap: With LDT at 3x, Mem at 140, cpu at 6x, I can't get clock to boot at 270. I bought this board for its OC potential, and thought the board would go over 300 before it would hold me back. Is there a divider I'm missing? Do I need to adjust some voltages on the board?

At the dividers I quoted: HT=810, Mem=189 (pc3200), cpu = 1620 (O165=1800 rated)

Sir. BOBSONATOR said:
what voltage are you at?

this happens to me too @ 270, so i just raise the chipset voltage and the fsb voltage.

second that...
however i wouldnt mess around with all the voltages too much. first make sure it isnt the cpu, or cpu v limiting you :argue: :argue:

I'll go slow then with chipset voltage and fsb. It's not the cpu, the cpu is well below spec during my testing.

Raising voltages to 1.5 NB and 1.9 SB got me to 275 but not 280. I'm really dissapointed with this. I spent extra money on a LanParty expecting it to OC much better. The chipset runs hot at stock speeds. (53C). I'm sent tech support a note asking if this is normal. I'm wondering if I got a bum chipset that won't OC because it's already too hot. Anyone else have an RDX200? Is the chipset hot?

Is there something different aobut how a 939 Opty interfaces with the chipset that could somehow affect the chipset temp?

Wow. DFI responded QUICK!

They said the chipset is rated for 120C so I am going to worry a little less about it.

So far, the best I've gotten CPU to is 2.475 ghz, which I guess puts it in the neighborhood of a 4800 x2.

I don't know if this will all help or make it worse for you guys but I have a DFI RDX200 and I have set some good results.
I have reached 312HTT and 2807MHz with my Opteron 165 and about 280 on my memorys (1T)

I have this image that will say it all and I would gladly help you out if you have questions about settings. I'm so happy with this board I would just love to help.

Klimpens_opteron_record.jpg

and some later on with scary 1.62Volt on CPU

5647_3DMark06.jpg

Thanks. I'm thinking maybe it's my memory holding me back. Even though I use the dividers to keep the ram speed below 200, it has problems booting with extra low dividers. I got it to boot at 290 only once, and 260 remains the most stable speed I have so far. Thanks for the pics.

Back