• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess i am lost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lotec25

I am trying to use my controller on NFS:MW but i can not get it to work. Maybe i am missing someting. If i go to controlles and try to reset the controlls and use my controller i am getting no response. Is there someting else i should be messing with besides this?

Lotec24

Figured it out :d guess i should of looked a little harder

Lotec

Now i am haveing another problem. I can not get my Xbox controller to stay installed. And when i install it i get windows could not install device BLAH BLAH BLAH. After a restart or reboot i have to go threw the found new hardware wizard again to get it to work. Anyone else had this problem. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled and still not working right.

what driver are you using?

i use xbcd v1.07 made by red cloud.

install the driver first, reboot, then connect your game pad. windows may give you a prompt, click yes and it will find the driver.

i had your issue before, this is what took care of the problem.

ok. that is the same driver i am using.

So ill have to do this again see what happes. Thanks

nope same problem. I uninstalled XBCD uninstalled from Device Manager. Reinstalled, rebooted plug in controller windows finds it says device has not passed micrsoft etc etc i click continue and then it says there was a problem installing the device etc etc etc.

Got it. Had to point windows right at the file and it worked.

Lotec25 said:
Got it. Had to point windows right at the file and it worked.

good, now since your a fellow gamepad gamer, do you know any first person shooters that work well with the xbox controller? only game i play is halo 1. i have other games but i have to use keyboard and mouse which i hate with a passion.

HL2 works with the gamepad there are different config files for all of them. Counter strike works with it. UM need for speed works Doom works with it. had to get a new config file for it. UT2004 works. that is about all i play. for the config files i usually find out about them here

http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/

Lotec25

Back