• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting to OC O165 on Expert

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

I am starting to OC my 165 and I feel pretty ignorant about a lot of stuff I have read. I am going to follow this guide and just see how it goes. Starting with finding the FSB and HTT limits, the guide says to go up 5 and test. I am downloading 3DMark05 to test. I assume I will get errors or something when I hit the max. Will I have to reset the bios then?

3dmark is mostly for videocards. use a program like prime95 or someing for your cpu. my htt is set to 301

DUDE!!! WTF are you doing with a PCI Video Card on an Expert board?!?!??! I don't think 3D05 is ginna be that great with that card. As stated above, use superPi 32M before you prime

***sorry, I was not ready for that when i read your sig

Last edited:
Yeah I ran 3dMark last night.. 1 fps :), I had to stop it during the first test because it was so sad. I am hoping to get a 7800gt with my tax refund, and if my wife forgets about all this stuff I put on the credit card.

So, just run dual blend prime95 tests, reboot, increase HTT, repeat:

I got my HTT up to 265 using the guide, and I got my memory, which I do know is pretty crappy, up to 220. Next is the CPU I guess but I am confused after that. :eh?: All of these tests take a long time.

Last edited:
Back