• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap blank DVDS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

Where's a good place to get cheap dvd+/-rs? I only really need one but I figure why not stock up for the future. Thanks.

or you could wait for bestbuy to have the Fujifilms on sale. those are the best, if its made in japan,taiyo yuden. $20 for 50

Do yourself a favor and get the Taiyo Yuden DVD's as others have mentioned, In the end it will be cheaper.
Cheap disks are just that, and can end up in the trashcan.
I once bought a 100 pack of cheap DVD's I got at Bestbuy (free after rebate), the were not even worth the Free price since I threw every one of them in the trashcan.

A buddy of mine bought a 50pack of sonys (i believe 8x) for $14 at circuit city. i am going out there tonight to see if they still have some left

Another "only use Taiyo Yuden" guy here :p I've probably burned 400+ DVD's, and haven't made 1 coaster using them.

Ditto. Strictly TY. Regarding the 4x discs from supermediastore, a lot of writers can burn overspec. I've done about 50 discs @ 12x with no problems so far.

go with taiyo yuden or ridata (ritek). its worth the extra money, trust me. stay away from frys and/or great quality media

Just pick up the Sunday paper and see where the sales are. There is usually some place selling 25 packs of 16x memorex +/- for like $8. Compusa sometimes has good deals, so does officemax and office depot at times.

Back