• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this QMD work folder complete?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I snagged that QMD from ghettocomp's ebay auction.

When I migrated it over to my P4 machine and renamed the folder, edited the config to my name and copied the servaney.exe into it still wouldn't start and said there wasn't any work to be done?!!

Here's the contents of the work folder:

logfile_01.txt 378 bytes
wudata_01.dat 255 KB
wudata_01.dyn 0 bytes
wudata_01.gsh 40.5 KB
wudata_01.inc 19.3 KB
wudata_01.inp 4.96 KB
wudata_01.log 13.8 KB
wudata_01CP.arc 0 bytes
wuinfo_01.dat 512 bytes

Is this complete or is there something bigger like a >5MB file missing?

I'd sure like to fold this unless it went missing.

And of course it has the client and the core too.

Let it fold, let it fold, let it fold ....hmmm reminds me of a tune.

I have no idea from the files ... let er go and find out.

If it gets messed up on you, I still have the orig zip. probably will have to run it from the desktop (or the folder itself) and not add anything to it.

If necessary I will modify the flags to give you the -oneunit option to run from the client. What did your origional Install, Oneclick? or .... :shrug:

I'll just try running it and not as a service. (after I edit my name into the config)

I just checked the .zip you were sent, all seems ok...
[07:29:59] *------------------------------*
[07:29:59] Folding@Home QMD Core
[07:29:59] Version 1.04 (Apr 7, 2005)
[07:29:59]
[07:29:59] Preparing to commence simulation
[07:29:59] - Looking at optimizations...
[07:29:59] - Files status OK
[07:30:00] - Expanded 260898 -> 826211 (decompressed 316.6 percent)
[07:30:00]
[07:30:00] Project: 1911 (Run 204, Clone 4, Gen 30)
[07:30:00]
[07:30:00] Writing local files
[07:30:00] Extra SSE2 boost OK.
[07:30:00] Entering QMD...
[07:30:48] System: p1911_ALA-depeptide_umbrel
[07:30:48]
[07:30:48] Performing initial WF calculations
[07:30:48] - Number of total steps will change until convergence

Folding@Home Client Shutdown.

must not have liked something you did? :shrug:

I've got the original zip so all is not lost. I just prefer running FAH as a service. Maybe since this was first run not as a service, it won't run run as a service now. I'll just drop it on the desktop and try again with -oneunit -local -forceasm flags in a shortcut instead of the registry like you would for a service.

Did you get the queue.dat file along with the work folder too, Audio? You will need that file for the client to recognize the work unit.

muddocktor said:
Did you get the queue.dat file along with the work folder too, Audio? You will need that file for the client to recognize the work unit.
Yes I did and it says it's a QMD.

Audioaficionado said:
I've got the original zip so all is not lost. I just prefer running FAH as a service. Maybe since this was first run not as a service, it won't run run as a service now. I'll just drop it on the desktop and try again with -oneunit -local -forceasm flags in a shortcut instead of the registry like you would for a service.
I have run wu's both ways thru completion and never had any trouble. I am wondering if it has something to do with QMDs? or it just didnt play nice with the srvany.exe proggie?

ghettocomp said:
I have run wu's both ways thru completion and never had any trouble. I am wondering if it has something to do with QMDs? or it just didnt play nice with the srvany.exe proggie?
All my clients including hundreds of QMDs ran as a service using srvany.exe.

Back