• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know of a single rail PSU using a 12cm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarthel

most 12cm PSUs I've read have multiple rails.

Thank you for the replies. :)

Yep, but unfortunately IIRC they're all ATX 1.3 units with a relatively low 12v rail compared to the 3.3v and 5v. All the really powerful single 12v designs I know of are 80mm fanned.

The Sparkle FSP350-60PN is excellent, but not powerful enough for extreme loads. It's the best single-rail with a 120mm fan that springs to mind. The OCZ Modstreams are single rail and have 120mm fans, but are pretty mediocre units for their ratings. They will probably drive a bit more load than the Sparkle, but no where near as much more as you would hope based on the ratings.

The only one I can think of is the Sintek 500/600w SLI, but it also has an 80mm fan along with the 120mm. The internals also don't look all that great but I believe it is Wintech OEM, which is not that bad.

found the Tagan u15 where there is a switch to select between split or single rails. made by topower.

Back