• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Garbled video and doesnt pass bios post screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sabregreen

Registered
Ok. New computer build. Two computers that are exact except one has a 160 gb 7200.9 seagate, other has 80gb 7200.9 seagate, both sata. Rest of the specs:

Biostar tforce 6100 socket 754
Sempron 64 3000+
2x256 kingston value ram ddr400
Foxxcon case with fortron 300w power supply.
NEC dvd-rw 3550.

When both the computers boot up, the splash screen shows up perfect like the computer is going to boot correctly. Then when it goes to the info screen, or bios post screen, you can't read anything, everything is garbled, what little is on the screen at that. Also, no keyboard input works. Computer has to be shut down hard by holding in power button or unplugging. Tried clear CMOS. Didn't fix it. Doesn't make sense that both computers are doing the same thing. From what I have gathered, I could be wrong, but maybe this motherboard doesn't support the sempron 64 processors. I would update the bios, but the computer does go past that post screen. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Ok. Figured out that kingston KVR400X64C3AK2/512 512 2x256 memory is incompatible with this motherboard. That blows. Now memory has to be returned.

Back