• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goodbye Intel, HELLO AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TripleH

Registered
Well, boys and gals I have come to say goodbye to the intel side and shift on over to the AMD side, brothers present to me, AMD DURON 1ghz, not the best but better than my celly 633 cb0 which i still plan on using for things once we get cable going : /

I think no matter what Intel will be my main system. I dont know why but I love my intel CPUs much better than the AMD CPUs I have.

stompah said:
I think no matter what Intel will be my main system. I dont know why but I love my intel CPUs much better than the AMD CPUs I have.

i just wish amd would work on the cooling.. id love to have a amd be cooler..

Dissolved said:

i just wish amd would work on the cooling.. id love to have a amd be cooler..

That's true..

Heh if I were to run a AMD in my room, the size of my room is already small(smallest room in the house) it'd go crazy in the summer hehe and be like a heater in the winter!

Yodums said:

That's true..

Heh if I were to run a AMD in my room, the size of my room is already small(smallest room in the house) it'd go crazy in the summer hehe and be like a heater in the winter!

well just move ur pc in your room in the winter, and save on on ur electric/gas bills :)

Sorry to lose you... things are getting interested on the low-end Intel side... got some real AMD challengers coming out of Intel boxes nowadays :).

it would be interesting to see how the celly 1.2 stacks up to the 1.4 Athlon or the 2.0 PIV when oced to 1.6 (which has been entirely possible as shown by several people)....

Pinky said:
Sorry to lose you... things are getting interested on the low-end Intel side... got some real AMD challengers coming out of Intel boxes nowadays :).

That's very true. The new Celly Tualatins are real nice for the price. (well, give em a month then the price will drop nicely)

funnyperson1 said:
it would be interesting to see how the celly 1.2 stacks up to the 1.4 Athlon or the 2.0 PIV when oced to 1.6 (which has been entirely possible as shown by several people)....

yea, i hope to get 1.7ghz from my TB (1.4ghz standard :))

funnyperson1 said:

I would do the pepsi challenge against a 1600/133fsb/pc133 Athlon any day with my celery at 1600/133fsb/pc133. The new XP's may win most but the old ones will be about right on. I would win some they would win some. One would have to also keep in mind I would have less cache than those old Athy's too.

Back