• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolermaster 450 prob...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Naked_07

Disabled
temporary PSU till new one comes in.. my new build, p5wd2, 1gb ocz, 250 gb sata, 2 dvd drives. the thing boots to the bios and then just turns off after 1 minute. idle cpu temp is 42.5C and MB in 20.5C, any ideas why this is happening?

The Power OK connection (Gray Wire) coming back to the MB from the PSU could be opening and turning off the PC. I recommend you check the voltages on the PSU.

i was told that the processor, a 3.4 prescott might not boot with this PSU because of the low voltages, it boots to the bios but like i said it just powers off after 1 minute. if it had too low voltages to run would it even get the the bios and idle for that long?

it could. The longer the system is on, the hotter the PSU may be getting and it may only take 1 minute before it overheats and shuts down. Heat also reduces the actual power output capability of the PSU.

Know Nuttin said:
it could. The longer the system is on, the hotter the PSU may be getting and it may only take 1 minute before it overheats and shuts down. Heat also reduces the actual power output capability of the PSU.

Exactly most PSUs can handle a overload for a short amount of time. But as the heat increases your resistance increases with drops your volts,which cause more amps to be drawn to make up for it which creates more heat and more resistance, Which causes your voltages to drop.... Hey what happened? LOL

Back