• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AGP4x/8x card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd take the 6800GS, cause I just bought one from newegg! :D From what I've seen they can be about as fast as a GT, and can surpass an Ultra with some work. Plus, there is a chance of unlocking the pipes, and making a huge gain that way.

Yes, the 6800GS is a great card, but the fasest card of AGP is the X850 XT PE, but now the 7800GS is the new king of AGP. However those latter cards will cost you an arm and a leg, but yes, get the 6800GS. It's way better than the x800gto.

get the all in wonder ati xt x800...or is it 980xt...something like that go look, its got 500mhz core clock and 1000mhz memory clock...I think the 6800gts is close as well, its worth comparing

For the price range, the GS is a good pick.

andyisc00l said:
get the all in wonder ati xt x800...or is it 980xt...something like that go look, its got 500mhz core clock and 1000mhz memory clock...I think the 6800gts is close as well, its worth comparing

As a previous owner of an All in Wonder card. I can say with experiance that if you upgrade to a card of this type. You will be disapointed in the long run. Here let me explain.

These cards are pretty good for the speeds they can give, but they are not a gamers card. A very large drawback that I found out about them.

Once I upgraded to another card, my beloved tuner was gone. If the card dies also, you lose the tuner. So getting a seprate card for tuning is a better bet. If you happen to burn the card out overclocking, you still can keep the tuner and not have to buy an overpriced gaming setup every time just to watch tv or listen to FM transmissions. Plus it does add a bit of bloat getting drivers in. Not a fun thing if you look for the perfect driver all the time. Driver hell is not fun.

I do in some ways miss my All in Wonder card. If I would of gotten a PCI tuner card, I would not be missing much. Video card tech changes all the time, tuner cards evolve slowly. So that path last much longer then a x800AIW or the likes.

Back