• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Eserver Xseries 330 Video Card Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mi6

Hi, i just got my hands on a Ibm Xseires 330 and i wanted to configure it as my maill server, but my question is there was no video card i have a load of agp cards and 1 pci card. But my problem is when i open the case i see a riser card with something that looks like a extended pci slot i attached a img anyway i need to know what kind of videocard i would need to get, these servers are beyond my ususal stuff.

anyway if anyone knows were i can find one, or might have one i can buy im in Ontario Canada, besides the point ;)

so thanks for any help i get.

-M

Attachments

• DSC00836.JPG
    DSC00836.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 295
darn i should have put a quarter or something, its "not" a standard pci or pci-e card i can actualy put a pci card in the 1st 2 slots but the 3rd to the right remains empty..

to give you and idea of the size..

:D

okey looks like a pci-x
but a pci card does fit in it but dosnt use 3rd part would it work?
if i put a pci vcard in that slot?

hmm okey im reluctant to try, i don't want to risk burning out the board.
i do have a 60day so i hope it covers it. or i will be forced to lie..:|

anyway anyone have a 8/16mb pci vcard ( working :p ) that they can part with?

I live in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. if anyone around here could part with one, maybe i could trade, i have some 16mb low profile agp cards.

froogled it, and found some for 11$
http://www.outletpc.com/c4338.html

so if anyones got a cheaper one, or knows of a link to one, please ;)

thanks for the help.

-M

Mi6 said:
I live in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. if anyone around here could part with one, maybe i could trade, i have some 16mb low profile agp cards.

froogled it, and found some for 11$
http://www.outletpc.com/c4338.html

so if anyones got a cheaper one, or knows of a link to one, please ;)

thanks for the help.

-M
It's against the rules to trade/sell/buy outside the classifieds, if you could please refrain from doing so that would be great.

I agree, it looks like a PCI-X slot, and you can stick some PCI cards in there. AFAIK, PCI-X slots are 64-bit and come in a couple of clock speeds. A 32-bit PCI card will work, if the slot downclocks itself to 33MHz (which it should, I think). You may also want to check the voltage on your PCI card and make sure it matches what your bus supports.

Oh im sorry, i figured since it wasnt something official i would not need to put it in the Classifieds i guess i will make a request there.

and i will get more information, i guess i should just request for a pci-x card ;)

hmmm just to make sure the other slot is indeed a pci-x
the other slot is filled with a fiber controller for my scsi array.

heres a link for the specs but they dont mention the pci-x
http://www.alinuxservers.com/RackOptimized/xSeries330.htm

-ps-
using it as a mail server :)

I'm not sure they have PCI-X video cards. From the specs, it looked like it had graphics already. Are those not good enough for some reason? Also, the specs said the SCSI controller was 64-bit, which would seem to imply that it was PCI-X.

had is the optimal word, it was removed aka not sold to me with one. from the specs that i have saw they all say integrated. but there is none available.

i was thinking of going in using console. but i have never done that.
and explanation of what i need do to it on linux would be nice ;) if anyone knows.

*update*

i finaly got a ( 2 actually ) pci cards from ebay cost me 0.10c plus 9$ shipping
they are 8 and 16mb cards but its not like the console is going to start going 4d ;)

anyway just wanted to let anyone reading that it does work :)

ok, soooooo it did not work
and it turns out i need a IBM Breakout cable ( C2T )

im getting my hands on some more of these servers and some of them come with the cable, so when its all done and settled i should finaly have 5 of these bad boys ;)

Back