• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Wetter/antifreeze breathable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

I have a old water cooling setup from my last overclock months ago. It was a P3 700@1022 waterblock/peltier w/ beckett 325 GPH submersible pump in 5 gallons on water mixed with water wetter. I have in hand a DD waterblock with still all the other odds and ends from before. I would like to make this cooling system more attractive by way of a home made waterfall. The question is antifreeze and water wetter harmfull when dispersed into the air since it will as it splatters down a waterfall?

Well being exposed to all kinds and brands of anti-freeze for about 6-9 hours each day, it does have a smell to it, a bad one. That's about it, we have plenty of half-used, open anti-freeze containers lying around the shop. If you can put up with the smell, then your fine.

~RT~

Are you cooling the water??? If not, what's the use of the antifreeze? The water wetter will take care of viscosity. Is there something I don't know about? I never claim to know all, but I'd say just flush out the system real well and re-fill it with distilled water a the recommended mix of water-wetter. I've never used water-wetter, so I don't know if it has a smell, but I do know the smell of antifreeze and know that I wouldn't really wanna be smelling/breathing that all day...
peace
John

My old solution in the system only has water wetter for now and wasn't sure if it alone would keep the copper and other metals in the system for corroding or oxidizing. I took apart my old aluminum water block i homemade and it did show some corrosion starting.

Back