• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

front panel light switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hanzalo

I've seen this on the forums somewhere;someone did it to an Aspire x-dreamer I think but I searched and can't find it at all.
Anyways my question is how would you make a switch to turn the front panel lights on or off on a case? I have an Aspire x-infinity, and when I got it I thought the lights were cool but they're annoying to sleep with when there on, and I want to shut them off at night without having to take them out of the mobo.

Edit- I don't know if this is possible but it would be really cool to hook them up to may Enermax fan controller somehow...

I would go to Radio Shack and buy one or more 12v switches and wire them into the power line which feeds your lights, then you should be able to turn them on and off as you choose. You can also install the swtiches on the case where ever you want for easy access. :cool:

I have a power switch from an old case...would that work somehow?

Back