• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fondest video game memories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jotolicious

I am not JoT
share some of your best memories of gaming. the chex quest thread made me think of some games from my past.

my favorite memory is playing Starcraft single player for the first time. that's tops. i remember that was like pure gaming ecstasy. that was love at first sight man... :D

the first game i remember playing on my first computer was called MegaRace for 486SX2. good times w/that game. you had guns on your car and shot enemy cars, had speed boost pads and speed negative pads on the track, it was pretty cool now that i think of it :) there was one track called particle accelerator i could never beat. the black car was best. there was a snide announcer guy who'd make fun of you i think...

the most frustrating gaming memory was trying to get the original Doom to work on my 486SX2. i only had 4mb of ram and Doom needed 8mb. :( oh my god i practically wept over that

omg CHUCK YEAGER's AIR COMBAT :cool: anyone ever play that ? that was da awesomest flight-sim. i remember you could record your battle and play it back. you could eject and zoom in on your stick figure :D i remember landing was so f-ing hard though... wow :bang head

Heroes of Might and Magic III owned me later in life. i love that game. playing hotseat... only tried that once haha

share your good memories with gaming :santa:

I remember a few years ago I would play Counter-strike in an internet cafe in Turkey almost all day long. My favorite weapon was the M249 Para, although I rarely got any kills. While I pretty much sucked at FPS, I was one of the best in driving games thanks to my uncle. He got me started on NFS Porsche Unleashed and Midtown Madness. Good times, good times.

playing cs 1.6 beta all those nights :) and furtherback playing nfs 3 on my highend p2-350 with 128mb of ram, 10gb hdd with a matrox millenium g200 haha...

Playing Load Runner hrs and hrs on my apple IIc back in the day. Now that I think of it I will check if there is a windows version so I can play it now.LOL

There was only 1 game i can think of that i immersed myself in for up to 9 hours a day with was FF VII. I remember leveling up characters and whats her name only to find out she gets killed (or taken away, i forget) boy was i ****ed!!

Too many C64/Apple IIe games to name.

Doom 1/2 (Dwango/LAN)

Duke 3D + Quake 2 on HEAT.NET (Build Engine Games all the major ones)

BF1942 - Played the hell out of this game and was a landmark in Multiplayer

MXO from Beta/Full - When my Faction Broke up aka the game died Lol.

Numerous other games aka plenty of DOS one's.

I'm waiting for another major big game to come multiplayer wise, not really what they use to be. Then again the curve is pretty steep now.

twEEkerAreUs said:
Too many C64/Apple IIe games to name.

C64 to C128D those were the early days for me :D

The game i was most fond of was of course Starcraft - Broodwar

Last edited:
I remeber Lemmings. Me and the bro used to hang out for hours on that game.

Also there was Mario. Loads of hours just hanging out shooting the bull and chillin with the buds in a mindless game.

My all time fondest game memory is Combat, and betting on it. That beat any other multi game in the day. The winner bought the 8 pack of Coke bottles. If we cashed in the bottles it was 90 cents for the refund value. So it was not always good to win.

Starcraft on Battle.Net with college friends. We've replaced sleeping, studying and playing basketball with that game. And when Broodwars came out, we took eating out as well.

Back when I was about 11 years old my brother, uncle and me would stay up till 6am play tankwars on his 486. LOL it was only 25mhz...

Doom - me and my friend Andrew would play over our phones untill midnight sometimes. Still remember having to tell everyone in the house not to pick up the phone. :)

equalizr said:
There was only 1 game i can think of that i immersed myself in for up to 9 hours a day with was FF VII. I remember leveling up characters and whats her name only to find out she gets killed (or taken away, i forget) boy was i ****ed!!
same here

Ahhh the good ole days of Rogue Spear... I used to play that game for hours and hours and hours... you get the idea lol. GOOD TIMES!! Thats and the original Castle Wolfenstein.. fun stuff :) Man, I miss those days :(

non PC, but goldeneye 007 for n64 + friends = instant fun
for pc has to be doom with a very large side of StarCraft (still play it to this day), and of course TFC, played that for about 4 years.... great times.

I loved playing the original "Pirates!" when I was 7 years old. It ran off a couple 5" floppies, and when you crossed a certain point on the map you had to put in the other floppy! I was too young to remember what type of hardware I was playing on.

Another fun game was "Stunt Island". You could set up your own stunt sequences, mostly involving airplanes, and set up props, trigger explosions, choose all of your camera angles, etc. After you successfully completed the stunt, you got to edit all of the action captured by the cameras, add sound effects, music, subtitles, etc. The possibilities were endless and it kept me occupied for many hours.

The first game that truly had me addicted was Warcraft II. My bro and I used the good 'ole 50-ft serial cable to link up our computers in adjacent rooms, and we would battle it out into the wee hours of the morning. I was unbeatable amongst my friends.

Beating Super Mario3, playing Mario64 for the 1st time and my friend and I just being so completely floored by the game that we couldn't speak.
Sneaking around the zombie city (can't remember it's name) in Thief:The Dark Project.
Getting the altered gravity gun in HL2 not knowing what it could really do, then accidentally picking up a guard and jumping out of my seat with an emphatic "Holy ****!!" and laughing hysterically as I dragged the poor man around as a shield :)

fight556 said:
non PC, but goldeneye 007 for n64 + friends = instant fun

oh yeah forgot goldeneye. my favorite was the dual-Klobbs AKA pea-shooters :D i was good with remote mines .. i remember when i first found out about the throw and press A+B and it would detonate in the air :p

one of the finest multiplayer games fer sure... super smash bros. was quite fun as well. also i remember Soul Calibur for Dreamcast was fun as hell too. once my friend and i played Mitsurugi vs. Mitsurugi for like 100 rounds :D

Back