• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOw can i overclock my p4 1.5 Ghz to 1.6+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0ungsta

Registered
I have a 1.5ghz and i am wondering if i can unlock and overclock more out of it? :eek:

easy m8

no need to unlock it that cant be dun i dont think im no expert :)
ive just dun mine all you have to do is up the FSB
i just thought i would have a mess with mine last night and tuck it from 100 to 105 so it now runs as a 1.58 gig my board (ASUS P4B)
is a good board becouse it goes up one at a time so ill just keep going till it crashes (oh btw keep an eye on the temp) not sure how god them stander intell fans r yet ive got my case cooled by 4 90mm fans 2 in 2 out and case temp is 28 cpu is 47 underload
cant get it much colder yet(to up your FSB its dun in the bios)
on my board it is any way

I think what some people don't understand is that you have to do the actual overclocking on the motherboard (or the mobo's BIOS). If your motherboard does not have adjustable FSB settings, then you can't overclock. To be honest, not many P-4 motherboards allow overclocking. Abit and Asus (plus a few others) are the exception. Time to read your motherboard manual and do some research.

Back