• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT or EPOX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

underground57

Registered
Which is better for overclocking and overall performance,
the ABIT KG7-RAID or the EPOX 8kha+(i think thats what it is?)

I have the Epox 8kha+ and would happily suggest the Abit KG7-Raid as my experiences of Abit mobo's are far better than my experiences with the kha+.
I am not at any point suggesting that the Epox performs badly however I do believe it is largely over rated, and considering that these mobo's are currently having bios problems as reported elsewhere on this forum and others I do believe that the better and safer buy would be the Abit

I think it should be more like;

ABIT KR7A - RAID vs. EPOX 8KHA+

Both with the KT266A. Then again the ABIT has not come out yet:( :mad:

ABIT for me

Wait until the KR7 family from ABit, then go with them. Mine's great. SoftmenuIII rules for oc'ing!

Without a doubt, KT266A performance is a notch above AMD 760 boards in most benchies. The Epox board, of all the currently available KT266A boards, is probably the best, but there isn't much competition right now. I had a Shuttle AK31r3 for about 8 hours (until it stopped posting) and I didn't have a chance to run any tests with it. I'm waiting on the RMA from newegg to get the board back. From what I've seen in the comparison tests (and from other people) the Shuttle performs quite well for being about $30 less expensive.

Truth be told, if I was going to wait for a really good board for a single CPU DDR system, it would be the KR7A. I plan on building a dual rig though, and just needed an inexpensive, decent DDR board to stick my extra chip in and the Shuttle definitely fits the bill. I'll be selling the Shuttle/Duron setup once I find a good dual socket A board that I like.

Anyway, end my lengthy rant.

SickBoy

Well....I HAD an Abit KG7-RAID....

and moved UP to the EPOX 8KHA+

There is NO COMPARISON BETWEEN THEM......

The Epox is just plain FAST!!!!

It out performed the Abit...at LOWER FSB..HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

I sill have the Abit...and will build another system around it....

but my system will keep the EPOX!!!

here is a SANDRA memory score for you...

AMD Thunderbird 1.4
256 CORSAIR DDR

10* 160 FSB

No kidding!!!

The epox's seem to have better fsb o/c'ablity. The 8k7a doesn't even need a voltage mod either. Not to mention Abit's reputation of crappy quality and asleep at the wheel engineering dept (read kt7a palimino compatabilty). Now that the 8kha's have a full adj bios settings I personally will never go to ABIT. :mad:

Back