• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opti 165 VS x2 4200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zizux

I know people have been getting good results with the 165's but I know everything in my current system has no problem doing 270fsb thus even if I only get 250 out of the x2 that will still be 2750mhz vs where as thats only 2250mhz on the opty 165.

PS I'm currently running my 148 @ 270fsb for 2970mhz

And cooling isn't an issue

my 165 opty runs at 301 fsb so yours should do about the same. that would put you at 2.7ghz. you will get more than 2250mhz no problem

lower multis just need higher HTT to achieve the same OC

just get a higher HTT board [one that can support. ]

You haven't said what board you are running. Many boards will not run at 300htt. For my Neo2 it is absolutely the fastest it will run. As for how fast 165's run, every one is different, but most can go over 300htt.

evga nf4 currently it will probably be going with the 148 and getting a DFI SLi board to replace it. Either way I belive it goes up to like 400 htt so even so that shouldn't be a problem.

Back