• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seperate audio out for different programs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MailOrderSausag

just made my gaming rig (only rig) into an htpc.

i have a monitor on my desk, and have GBTV (pvr program (very good, if you need one(free, too))) opening on secondary display (the tv in my living room with the svideo out).

it works great, ,i got all the decoders worked out, looks great on my OLD tv. (tv is older than i am, circa... 1980, big wooden box type)

anyway, i was playing cs:s yesterday while the wifey was watching grey's anatomy ...... and of course, she could hear the cs:s sounds through the tv along with grey's anatomy, and i would hear grey's anatomy along with cs:s.

is there anyway that i could have the audio from GBTV seperate from the cs:s, or any other audio?

i have onboard sound on my dfi nf3 250gb. yes, i want to make love to my mobo. yes, the wife thinks it's weird.

i also have maybe a sounblaster live or 5.1, or something laying around, if it'd help to put it in. i don't really care about audio quality of my onboard sound, my external audio equipment wouldn't sound any better with or without an add-in card.

ty in advance

yep, just install a new soundcard and set the output of whatever application you're currently using to the card you want.

i'll try that, but i dont' know if GBTV let's you choose which output you want. i'm encoding something, and recording a program that ends at 6pm, then i'll try it.

well, if it doesn't, set the card you want GBTV to use as the windows default. Choose the opposite card inside of your programs. This way worked for me with games & winamp and long time ago.

Back