• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need your opinion 2005fpw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

how this black light bleeding? bad or ok.
Picture053.jpg
[/IMG]

and is there any program to find dead pixel? i put the screen saver all black but couldnt find any.

I think that is pretty bad. My screen is pretty even, but if I had to compare it to your screen I'd say it looked more like the upper left hand corner at worst. I used and it was reccomended to me on this forum to use this to find dead pixels.

Did you just get this monitor? If the bleeding bothers you that much and you did just return/exchange it under the 21 day return policy.

yup brand new. i gotta watch some movie on it first to see if it bothers me or not. right im on my old computer and the graphic card suks! if i return it i might get a better screen but with dead pixel. i have no idea, lets see in 21 days =)

Looks pretty bad to me, compared to mine anyway. I don't have any backlight bleeding what-so-ever.

You want deal pixel buddy to check for dead/stuck pixels.

adriana said:
oh is this a samsung panel? or is there a way to find out?

To the best of my knowledge they all are.

schnikies79 said:
You want deal pixel buddy to check for dead/stuck pixels.
that is what the link is to. He already said he has no dead pixels after using that program.

dang, that a few more days without this monitor. rawr i love it, so big and nice. ok last question if i return and the other monitor is the same or worst do i still have the 21 day policy?

i just got mine too. mine is more of an all-corners bleeding, but none of them are as bad as the two corners you have. i watched a couple movies on it, and honestly i didnt notice it at all, even though the bleeding looked pretty bad on a solid black screen. besides, i'm not gonna part with it for even a day to return it to Dell.

I would return it if its on warrenty. Personaly I perfer CRT monitors they still have a nicer image than LCD. esspecialy when it comes to running them on resolutions that dont match the number of LCD pixels (they get choppy sometimes) CRT still has smaller pixels wich means better image quality. But hell i mean you paid for it you should be getting a working monitor! Everything should be working! I have actually never seen an LCD with a backlight bleed like that. Ive seen maximum a millimeter in the corners. I still say you should get a CRT if you use your computer for any visual editing or hardcore gaming. LCDs are more of a novelty than anything.

get the viewsonic va1912wb, awesome monitor, cheaper price, better quality imo. im picking up a 2nd for dual display :p

adriana said:
dang, that a few more days without this monitor. rawr i love it, so big and nice. ok last question if i return and the other monitor is the same or worst do i still have the 21 day policy?

I am not certain if you have the same 21 day no questions asked return policy, but you should have some type of warranty that you can still return the monitor under. I don't want to say you won't get one that looks like that the second time around, but for the past few months people have been getting good screen from Dell the first time. Just call Dell up and talk to them. To me that is the benefit of dealing with Dell...they are VERY nice and willing to work with you. I cannot confirm or deny that type of service from Gateway or any of the other manufacturers with monitors that would be comparable.

I've had a 4 2005fpw's.
The one I currently have has bleeding on about the same level as your panel.
The 3 previous to it had the same amount of bleeding, if not worse.

I would have thought your screen is pretty normal. Chances are, if you get it replaced, you could wind up with a panel with worse bleeding, plus dead pixels.

:)

Yeah, I'd say my 2005FPW backlight bleeding looks very similar to that. It doesn't really bother me except on a pure black screen. I hardly even notice while gaming or watching movies, so I decided not to hassle with a return. Overall it's a great monitor.

how do i go return this? it doest even have a service tag. will they make me pay for shipping? that suks if they do.

Last edited:
Back