• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WCing in an acrylic case, pics inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Well I used to WC back in the day, it was fun but I changed components so often it got anoying. Now I'm not doing that nearly as much so i decided to step back into the water world.

My goal is for athetics and not really allout cooling, before I used a 89 camero heatercore, ehiem 1060 (the massive), and a 6.75" fan...but that required a big ugly case. So this time I chose nice quiet suttle components which look good
The components are:
Eheim 1048
Blue BIX
TDX
rest is small stuff and you can see in the pics

Wire management is as close to as good as it gets. It;s just hard to hide wires in a case like this so I hid some behind the mobo and the rest kinda rat nested them all into a clump...which is better than spread out.

As promised:

did you make that case yourself? i ALMOST pulled the trigger on building one with plexiglass from home depot(1/4in.) but decided not to. that looks awsome.

who cares about his temps. he is going for looks ( which should include more silence since its at the oposite end of the performance spectrum)

Thanks for comments. The case is one of these from newgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811166010
Only when mine came it had 2 panels with blue tint...kinda weird, but it looked good none the less.
I'm still in the 24 hour leak testing stage, but hopefully in a hour or two I can get around to setting it up and getting some temps. Surely by the evening I'll have it up and running.

thorilan said:
who cares about his temps. he is going for looks ( which should include more silence since its at the oposite end of the performance spectrum)

i care about his temps, obviously, hence why i asked. i was just curious what he was getting with that setup

hmm...a full size server case. I think i would just about poop my pants if i came in to work and saw that sitting there.

Makes me think, i want to so something like that.

BTW man that looks clean and VERY nice

Very nice, looks great with the water cooling setup! I have 4x8 sheets of Lexan at work, i'm thinking of borrowing some now...... :)

Looks good, altho you should really push the outlet tube down all the way on the pump. Also was the green liquid on front of the case from a leak or a spill?

Back