• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark06 Score Looks Ok But The Others Are Bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JEmlay

I'm confused. My 3DMark06 score is up to par with others yet my other scores are way to low???

Here's a rundown of my system:

A8N32-SLI
AMD 4400+
(1) 7800GTX 512MB
2GB Corsair 3500LL
X-Fi Fatal1ty

Default settings:
3DMark06 - 5449
3DMark05 - 9369
3DMark03 - 8337

I'm using approved drivers. What could be wrong here?

EDIT:
3DMark01SE - 19732

Last edited:
06 score looks about right, 05 looks ok too, but there is something wrong with that 03 score... i scored higher then that on my 6600gt. Do you have some compair links for us to help you out better?? This way we can see what tests are giving you problems.

overclock your cpu, almost all the dual cores I've seen get over 2k in cpumarks your only at 1800 you should be able to make that number jump quite abit, duno about any suggestioons for 3dcard tweeks.

The only CPU OC I'm willing to do right now id the 10% gain in BIOS. Until I WC it I don't even want to bother. However 200 points+ doesn't explain the BS 3DMark03 score???

thats quite interesting to see that my SLI 7800GT set up is quite a bit more powerful than a GTX

but your processor is running faster than mine......very strange

lee

That 03' score is very very low. My 7800gt and x2 hits over 17k in it... Do you have aa/af on or something??

Yes, it is very low, that's the problem here.

As I stated all scores are default settings.

Nope. The only extra process is from my LIS 2 app for my LCD screen.

Added Info:
Aquamark 3 - 57,003

JEmlay said:
Yes, it is very low, that's the problem here.

As I stated all scores are default settings.

I mean is aa/af turned on via the driver? I would also try differant chipset drivers as well.

lowfat said:
Are you sure you had chipset drivers installed for 03?

I don't know what you mean by chipset drivers. Which chipset? I was using the 03 approved video drivers. Which just so happened to be the most current drivers for the card from Nvidia directly.

EDIT:
No, AA is not turned on via the drivers. Everything there as well is set to default/application.

Ok, what the heck?!?!?!?!?

Since you guys where talking about chipset drivers I figured I would download them again and re-install them. Installation went just like the first time and I ran 3DMark03 again.

3DMark03 - 19,996

What the heck? Some corrupt driver somewhere? There seems to be a major jump between 20,000 and 35,000 so I'm assuming those are SLI rigs. I didn't see a way filter out multi-gpu with 03 results. I'll run the other apps again and see what I get.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

3DMark01 - 29,735
3DMark03 - 19,996
3DMark05 - 10,210
3DMark06 - 5,713
AquaMark - 100,044 HOLY CRAP!!!! That's better then a lot of SLI systems of lower cards.

My problem is fixed. Thanks again!

Back