• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro problem compatability problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domstar

This 9800pro is the second ati card that ive tried to use in my mainboard and the second one that wont work. Are there any known conflicts? The 9800pro is a genuine built by Ati and my mobo is an Abit IS7-E2 . The card boots ok(a little disoclouring on the windows logo) and in windows is ok but wont run 3d apps or games, as it just artifacts and kaliedoscopes. I ran a 3dmark 2001 benchmark and it gave me 16000 but the image was all messed up. ANY HELP PLEASE???
dOM

yep-the 9600 was worse even artifacts in the bios but 9800 pro does it windows but appears to be fine in 2d.
Dom :(

Having looked further at this i have noticed in atitool that the 3d test always corrupts in the same places.Also there is very mild corruption in the form of dpots on the xp logo. When i use the "test for artifacts" button on atitool it reports no errors although i can see that there is? Ideas?
DoM

Back