• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI express or AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krasticx

Registered
It has been about 3 years since I have upgraded my computer so I am behind on knowing the devices out there. I know PCI express has a significantly larger FSB than AGP. however the only PCI express cards I can find are like 300+ dollars. Is there anything that gives good graphics that is still affordable?

I would go for a new computer with pici express AGP is dead. I have seen alot of PCIE GFX cards for around 150 like the x300se but if you want to play games at full detail then you are going to have to spend more.

I am not looking to play anything that is super powerful...nothing like doom 3 or half life 2. I would probably be playing like World of Warcraft maybe the new dungeons and dragons online. Star Wars KOTOR II. stuff like that. I would probably be willing to spend between 200 to 250 on a graphics card

You can get good refurbished card at newegg (hit or miss) I got a 800gt2 for $150 with $1 shipping. Overclocked and 16 pipelines I benched over 7000 mark05. Not everyone is that lucky.

I have also heard very good things about 6800gs agp.It can also be unlocked to 16 pipelines and Shader Model 3.0.

If you wanted to upgrade over time I recamend asrock dual sata II mobo agp and pci-e its a great board and is around or under $80.

Trust me you can find plenty of midrange PCIE cards, 6600's come to mind, ATI has some good offers as well as stated above.

Back