• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which should I do? Or both?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aibo

Registered
Alright, I'm pretty much almost at my budget. I have around $300.00 more to mess with.

I'm building...
165 Opteron 1.8GHZ dual core processor
DFI UT Nf4 SLI-Dr mobo
1GB OcZ gold series
x1 EVGA 7800GT 256MB
Creative soundblaster X-fi
Enermax liberty 620W
And of course all out on the cooling, copper heatsink, 120mmfan for the heatsink, HD coolers, stuff like that.

Now, on this system I don't know whether I should get 2GB of the ram or get anoter 7800GT and run SLI, I will be doing pretty much everything on this computer, decent amount gaming and multitasking.

Or should I just hold out awhile and save up some more for SLI AND 2GB? Once I buy this computer I don't feel like continuing the upgrading process.

I do intend of OC the processor.

Aibo said:
Alright, I'm pretty much almost at my budget. I have around $300.00 more to mess with.

Now, on this system I don't know whether I should get 2GB of the ram or get anoter 7800GT and run SLI, I will be doing pretty much everything on this computer, decent amount gaming and multitasking.

Or should I just hold out awhile and save up some more for SLI AND 2GB? Once I buy this computer I don't feel like continuing the upgrading process.

I do intend of OC the processor.
Please do some more research on SLI, its really a good tool for benching and not day to day use, in that you will benifit more from 2gb of ram.

Actually I recommend dropping down to the Ultra-D, and getting 2GB of ram and moving up to the GTX. You should have enough money to do all of that and might even have some left over. Maybe you want to do the OCZ Powerstrema520 over that Enermax? The Enermaxs are great, but many OCers use the Powerstream520 due to its stability and solid rails.

Ill be the zillionth person to recommend 2GB of Ram as well and the OCZ 520, you really wont need that much power from the Enermax and you can save some cash as well.

I'd trust the OCZ 520w powerstream more than the enermax to deliver cleaner and more power. Other brands/models include the fortron 550w plg sli, the pc power and cooling 510w sli, the silverstone 560w and any high quality single rail powersupply design.

And yeah, 2gb of ram, with a top of the line videocard will do you more than that 2nd videocard could.

Back