• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 520 vs OCZ 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I ordered an OCZ 520 SLI from Newegg. I got an OCZ 600 SLI. I am thinking I need to return the 600 for the 520 due to the Dual Rails on the 600. A single 12v is better for overclocking, Right?

Any Ideas. The PS they sent me is about $70 more than what I ordered.

orion25 said:
I ordered an OCZ 520 SLI from Newegg. I got an OCZ 600 SLI. I am thinking I need to return the 600 for the 520 due to the Dual Rails on the 600. A single 12v is better for overclocking, Right?

Any Ideas. The PS they sent me is about $70 more than what I ordered.

HOLY ****!!! The same thing happened to me yesterday
Something is going wrong with the stock at that warehouse!!!!
Check out my thread on this:

Well, I have been ordering from Newegg.com for about 3 years now and have spent rediculous amounts of money making my PC go faster. In these 3 years I have never had one problem up until yesterday:

I ordered an OCZ Powerstream 520 (single rail) PSU and I had it overnight shipped to my residence. The price was great and the one day shipping was better. What showed up on my doorstep was not: They shipped out the OCZ Powerstream 600 (Dual rail) which was about $100 more than my original order. I was livid because I really wanted a single rail setup and rather than be dishonest and keep the expensive dual rail unit I let morality take over and I called up Newegg and explained to them they shipped me the wrong unit and that I was in dire need of a PSU. An OC Forums member named "Rattle" who can be found in the ATI forums recommended that I call up a specific Newegg Employee named Jason @ Extension 2050.

The first thing Jason did was apologize to me over and over again. The next thing he did is said "Well, what are we waiting for, lets ship you out a PSU right away because I dont want you to even feel like this little bump in the road occurred" I was impressed. The next thing he told me is: "Dont worry about anything, first of all I am giving you free overnight shipping, free rush order, and as soon as we get off the phone I will personally make sure your order gets processed and shipped right now."

After this I was really impressed. Next, he said "Because of your honesty, I am recommending that you pick any other power supply in stock @ Newegg.com while I am on the phone with you and I will give you $20 off for your honesty, free fedex overnight shipping, and a free personal rush order on it."

So, because he thought to himself that there might be a problem with stock of the OCZ 520 at the Tenessee warehouse he recommended that if I wanted to pick another high end PSU, it might be a better idea.

So, I ended picking up an awesome 38Amp single 12v Rail 560 watt Silverstone Zeus power supply!!! :) FOR $117 total cost!!!!!

On top of this I am getting re-imbursed for my original $169.99 OCZ520 order and they are even expecting me to call them back for a re-imbursment on shipping when I send them the original unit back via RMA.

Talk about taking care of a botched up order and customer service. I am more than impressed with Neweggs service. For this, I will remain a loyal Newegg Customer for a very long time. Thank you NEWEGG!!

Back