• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Extream 2gig set

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146397

Sentenial suggested I try these when I mentioned I wanted to up grade to 2 gigs.

I got them today and tossed them into my SLI-DR X2 4400 7800GTX and raptor 74

I started at 2.8v where I had the G-Skill 4400le and set the system to 10x275 speeds 3/4/4/8 1T and powered up.

I ran sandra and got a decient score of 6921/6896 and over all with out finding the exact limit of these modules I can say my initial impressions are there decient and make a good argument to never run 1gig kits based on HT settings :)

More Tweeking to be done yet and I will try to tighten the timeing or go higher on the HT..But if this is the limit I doubt I would complain one bit :) :) :)

Sniper.nkc said:
ummmm, my Mushkin TCC5 can hit the same sandra score you have at 260 X10, 1:1 @ 2.5-3-3-6-1T, but I have the 1GB kit.

Timings are still stock on mine ..If i lower it to 260 and set those timings I am sure my score will be the same.

Just bought me some. :)
My DFI doesn't like my 4x Ballistix 512MB, so I thought I'de go to 2x 1GB. Was gonna go for 2x 1GB of the Ballistix, but I've read that those have been pretty faulty as of late.

Realistic target would be from 260 to 270. Of course we always have to remember each module is individual and results vary :)

i have a set of this memory and had it running @ 277mhz 3-4-4-8 1t and 2.75v was pretty happy with what they could do but still havent played with them enough to find the max stable oc. I could boot into memtest @ 300mhz with 3-4-4-10 and 2.75v but it started throwing tons of erros by test 3. probably max out around 285 or so when properly tweaked (i should get some time this weekend to really sit down with them some more and see what they can do though)

Sniper.nkc said:
hey diehrd, what is your rig/signature spec?

DFI SLI-DR X2 4400 7800GTX and raptor 74 water cooled and 2 Gigs of Extream Mushkin I had an issue I think is due to the O/S where at 275 every thing worked perfect 3d 03 / 05 pc mark super pie sandra ect ..But Battlefield 2 would not start all the time i would have to screw with it.Happens at 250 as well so eather I have issues on the drive which I know I do (Raptor NEEDS my Slave IDE to boot and run , when i installed O/S slave was present and files where put on it the Raptor needs grrr)

So for now i am at 11x250 3337 but know I can run 275 after i reformat and reinstall..I plan on redoing all fans (New green LED) O/S and water cooling maintance early next week..

Then i will seriously try all the tweeking I have available in the bios to see where it falls..

RedDragonXXX said:
UCCC's are the best 1GB IC's out there that you can get these days since Micron is out of the picture.

Forget Infenion.

Does the Mushkin XP PC4000 have the UCCC?

Also, check out this Mushkin XP4000 at newegg. Why is this one $100.00 more?

Last edited:
Back