• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moregooder's opty 175s stepping help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martymcfly

Hello Moregooder/guys,

I have the exact same stepping as Moregooder's Opty, ccbwe 0543mpmw.
I do have very low Ocs. I am only at 241x11 @ 1.59 vcore (2.65) and can run it at 245x11 @ 1.62 (2.7). both prime stable.

Am I doing something wrong, sirs? I am using a dfi expert with 2gb mushkin xp 4000 (reported to have weak ce-6 chips).

I can't reach stable 2.7 ghz with less than 1.65 vcore :(

Moregooder, may I know your settings so I may try it? thanks in advance, sirs.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this stepping appears to be one of the worst lately. If you look in my sig you can see my settings. I'm running it at 10X because my DDR can run at 270 FSB no problem, and I get better bandwidth than running it at 11X with a memory divider.

175 was a waste. I should have gotten the 170, although at the time there wasn't a big price difference between the two.

Even though it requires 1.54 to 1.55 VCore to run at 2.7, it does run completely stable. I can run it at 2.75 but it takes all the juice my mobo will allow on a dual core, 1.6V. It runs hotter too of course. I'm not comfortable running my processor at that voltage 24/7, so I use 2.7 GHz.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love this processor, and my rig is a fantastic gaming platform. No regrets really, other than I wish I had lower voltages to get the same overclock.

Let me guess, Core 0 fails testing first right?

Every chip is a bit different, even within the same stepping. The difference between our results could be the chips themselves or the fact that I have the A8N32_SLI mobo with the special uber-steady voltage regulation that supposedly helps overclocking stability.

Have you tried burning in your processor yet? I had very little success with the process, but perhaps yours might benefit. There's a sticky on the topic.

I'm not familiar with your particular mobo though. There may be some bios settings that might help with your OC.

What temps are you seeing at 1.65 VCore?

Also, have you run memtest? Problem could be memory stability instead. Test your memory first by lowering the cpu multiplier. Experiment with the FSB along with Memtest to determine the fastest stable FSB that your ram will handle. THis is important because you need to know if you are at or near your ram's maximum speed. Hopefully, you'll find that it is your memory holding you back.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, but I think he be right, you might have a bum chip. I was following a thread on dfi-street regarding the 175's, and it's amazing how many people have gotten bad chips. I think people have been a lot better off with the 165's and the 170 compared to the 175 steppings. Initially I was planning to get a 175 as well but after some research I settled with a 170.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29656&highlight=opteron

thanks for your replies:)

yes, my mem chips refuse to run over 250 fsb:( even with dividers!? It had great reviews at techpower up but the actual batch sold was of a different make.

so I can't run 270x10.... :( I was hoping you were using x11 multi so I can emulate it:) hehe.

we did get some bad steppings. atleast you get to run it at 1.55 vcore/2.7.
as I've said, the closest I can get it to run at your speeds require 1.62 vcore and I still fall short (2.69 with 1.62 vcore). my temps are quite ok tho... 44c at the most... and it's even cooler on Prime95.

I'm very stable with memtest tho:) even at windows non-booting settings.

thanks anyways, MoreGooder:) I think I'm stuck at 2.65... maybe next year, I'll push it to 2.7 when I can risk frying it. 1.7 vcore or something. hehe.

metloaf, good for you. I think some 165s beat my oc with even less vcore.

That OC doesn't sound bad at all, but I don't know about that high of a vcore voltage. I have seen some pretty decent results with much lower vcore. That seems kinda high for me, but I guess that as long as your temps are ok with it, it should not be a problem. Who did you buy your CPU from? Oh yeah BTW welcome to the forums! :welcome: :cool:

thank you for the warm welcome and quick responses:)

That's the vcore I need to be dual prime stable:( I got the chip from singapore. my brother had to haggle for it as if it were made of gold... hehe. It's a dud:(

Back