• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead pixel - can I fix it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kyozoku

Registered
After a month of use my monitor has developed a dead pixel in the center of the screen. I heard tapping it can fix it so I tried it and it worked but the dead pixel came back after half an hour. Further tapping hasn't helped.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I find it irritating as hell and it's bound to wind me up really badly if I have to live with it for years.

stuck pixels can be fixed with programs that flash different primitive colors really quickly over the pixel (or a video of that happening - no need to install software). Dead pixels are dead

How can I tell the difference between stuck and dead pixels? It's bright green and when it went and came back it was flickering.

It's a viewsonic but I'm not sure if I can return it because I had to throw the box out.

if its stuck on one color all the time, ie. bright green, it's a stuck pixel. dead are always dark.

If its new you can return it. But typically if you want to RMA it you need 9 or so dead/stuck to get them to replace it.

I'm glad it's only stuck. Any ideas as to what I could use to flash colours?

deathman20 said:
If its new you can return it. But typically if you want to RMA it you need 9 or so dead/stuck to get them to replace it.

Bash up the monitor until you get 9 or so dead pixels and return. :p

Back