• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are x1900xt prices so cheap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

Im been looking all over the place and the prices all range from 499-530.

This is the same or in most cases CHEAPER than a 7800 gtx 256mb cards.......

If i hold out a little longer i could get it for like 450 in april.

this is amazing.

anybody know why this is?

Zatrix said:

this is amazing.

Yea, hold out a little more and you can probably get it for less than 400.

Don't hold out too long, it will be obsolete soon.

Bah...once upon a time, high end video cards used to be around $250...and even that felt high back then.

Seems like ATi is really gunning to get their sales back.

Rattle said:
they are so cheap because ATI has seen me ***** about there prices for years online...

LOL.... So wheres your cut of the profits then?

well no card will be top of the line for long but it doesn't mean it will be crap.

if i got a x1900 xt in a month or 2 it would still be a great card even if there was a x2000xt out at that time.

Zatrix said:
well no card will be top of the line for long but it doesn't mean it will be crap.

if i got a x1900 xt in a month or 2 it would still be a great card even if there was a x2000xt out at that time.

Sure, it will be a great card. Then again, so was my Voodoo 2.

No card will ever be obsolete as to the point where you can't use it anymore. Hell I still have a 5 year old Sound blaster Live sound card in my system, along with a 6 year old US Robotics 56k modem.

Lots of devices I don't care too much about, yet I still need it for the functionability of my PC, i.e Fax and Sound.

However, you will have to prioritize - what do you use your PC for? Me, games.

With that said, most of my money will always be spent on constant improvements and better frame rates. So yes, my 1900XT will be obsolete to me within 4-6 months max.

dicecca112 said:
Doesn't mean there obsolete, I think what he means is that it won't be top of the line

also the good thing about getting a top of the line card, you can play it for a long time. I have an x800 pro which must be 2 years old, and it can still play the beefiest games (F.E.A.R.). it's not too bad an investment.

obsolite? i call it dethoning, this kinda **** happens all the time, lol i remember my old voodoo2 12 mb PCI card

same w/ my OEM Radeon 8500 (clocked to retail spec, of course)

and now my x850

Yeah mang, ATI is really pushing its cards forward as of late. They're taking a big risk. But I like it. :)
I suppose this makes up for the X1800 delay.

Well the delay in the X1800's just didn't push the shipdate for the X1900's which was really nice for the people that got them :)

Zatrix said:

this is amazing.

499-530... USD??

Here is what i found on www.ncix.com, a canadian etailer.
7800gtx 256mb - ~USD$507
x1900xt 512mb - ~USD$544

edit: thats the connect3d x1900xt, if you wanted say, saphire, then it would cost you ~USD$571, damn everything is so cheap over there, then we got 15% tax on top.

Last edited:
they're just squeezing nvidia out while they can because they know G71 will be the fastest card (most likely) when released. atm anyone buying a 7800 over a x1900 is getting raped.

going to be interesting on G71 pricing, does anyone have any idea yet???

imo x1900 is tremendous value, ok it's still alot of dosh for a video card, but considering the pricing of the 512mbGTX it's a no brainer and i remember paying £300 for my geforce2 GTS on release.....an 1900XT is currently £350 so those whining about high prices really have nothing to whine about.

marscay said:
they're just squeezing nvidia out while they can because they know G71 will be the fastest card (most likely) when released. atm anyone buying a 7800 over a x1900 is getting raped.

Sounds painful. Here in NZ the 7800GT is still half the price of the x1900. Considering OC potential of the former there's not much reason to buy the latter in this part of the world. Once it drops to 60% of its current value the x1900 should turn into the next best buy.

Back